Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pet Peeves

I think theres a general list of things everyone gets annoyed about. But then theres that list of things that really piss you off that no one else seems so understand.  I am irritated by a lot of weird things. Mostly, I am really irritated by any significantly audible breathing. I can somewhat understand if you're sick, or you have a condition, but I'm just annoyed when people breathe like Darth Vader for no reason whatsoever. I just can't handle it and I start to get a headache.  

Also, certain noises such as scraping or loudly sucking air between teeth make my skin crawl. I actually have to cover my ears and sometimes I start to shake. Because of these issues, I also have a really hard time sleeping without the fan or else I am rendered unable to sleep by any non-consistent noises. 

I get furious when a group of people insist on walking slowly and very close to each other so that I cannot get through. If I can weave around, I'm completely fine, but I hate when people not only walk slow, but line themselves to completely block the hallway. Oh, and I die a little on the inside when I'm stuck behind someone in line who does not know what he or she wants. I thought it was common sense to let the person in line behind you go if you're not ready to order. Apparently, it's not. 

As for what I do to annoy people, I'm one of those people that cannot sit still. I bounce my knee, play with my pencil, flip through pages, scribble, erase stray marks, look everywhere, etc. I've actually had someone ask me to stop with the knee bouncing because I was making her chair shake. The more anxious I am, the worse it is. Additionally, I have the ability to crack the knuckles of my pointer and middle fingers an unlimited amount of times repeatedly, so I'll sit there cracking without realizing it. Oh, and I freak people out when I stand with my foot backwards. I've had people get physically upset and ask me to please stop, but I just kind of do that when I'm bored. I feel bad when it bothers people though, and if I'm asked to stop any of these things I cease and desist until at least the end of the class/activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment